Education For Economically Underprivileged
How We Contribute
- Low income households send their children to Government Schools. The parents are usually construction labourers, security guards, vegetable vendors, auto drivers, poor farmers or those engaged in household work. Many children are first generation learners. To deal with poverty many do some work such as household help or car cleaning before they go to school. SCB helps such children complete their school education and aids them to pursue higher studies. It is our firm belief that education has the potential to lift entire families out of poverty.
- Our projects are designed to fulfil the objective of completion of education. The most important project is providing scholarships so that deserving students are not held back due to want of finances.
- The second most important project is supplementary nutrition since the children are mostly undernourished.
- The third area we impact is to improve the quality of learning by providing digital education aids. This has helped dramatically improve the pass percentage in schools
- The fourth project involves providing basic infrastructure such as clean toilets and functioning classrooms.
- The fifth area is personality development through sports and cultural activities.